Tuesday, May 4, 2010

Babbling On

This blog is making me feel like the new girl at school who doesn't know where to sit at lunch time.

I've been blogging for about 10 years. I guess when I first started out, I considered myself keeping an online journal. I started out with diaryland.com and then switched to livejournal.com in 2001. The blogging platform has changed quite a bit over the years. Niche blogs started popping up all over the place and I found myself missing the days when blogging meant connecting on a very personal level with someone through their thoughts and feelings on cyberspace. Many blogs started feeling generic. People became ambitious in their pursuit to procure virtual real estate to earn advertising and Adsense dollars. I don't want this blog to turn into one of those blogs.

A mom's recommendation holds a lot of weight with me and I believe in the power of word of mouth advertising. So, of course, I'll be posting reviews on this blog. Yes, I'd even like to host a few giveaways, but I don't want that to be the end all, be all of this blog. I want a place to share my thoughts, talk about the things that are important to me and hopefully meet like minded people who can offer their advice, tips, experience, etc., to help me on my journey to being the best mom to my children as I possibly can. As they saying goes, it takes a village to raise a child.

1 comments:

Deb K said... [Reply to comment]

Following you from TPRP

You can find me here~

http://debshere.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
BabbleOnMom
Breastfeeding, babywearing, clothdiapering enthusiast. Single 30-something mom to a 4 year old goddess and a little prince born in June 2010. Just enjoying life with kids, rolling with the punches and sharing my lessons along the way.
View my complete profile

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Get the badge

Babble On Mom