Tuesday, June 1, 2010

38 weeks down, 2 weeks to go

I had surgery 2 weeks ago to remove a lump under my right arm. It was just as hard as having surgery 2 months ago to remove that cyst from my right breast. I'm not usually a woe is me type of person. I roll with the punches. However, I did have a breakdown when I was told that I was going to need surgery to remove this lump. I just couldn't believe it. How much more am I to endure during this pregnancy? I went through somewhat of an existential crisis. You know it's bad when you're bargaining with God and then questioning whether there even is a God. It was a difficult time for me, but I'm doing much better now. The pain is virtually non-existent. I have about 85% range of motion with my arm and the wound is healing really well.

Once I got out of the hospital, I noticed that I wasn't feeling the baby move as much. I know that it's getting cramped in there for him and I may not feel as much movement as before, but there was a day when I didn't feel anything at all and I wasn't in a good place mentally, so I freaked out. They gave me percocet after the surgery for pain and I thought that maybe he was lethargic because of that and the antibiotics I was on made me very ill. I was a complete mess. Thankfully, everything turned out to be okay with baby. He's back to kicking me in the crotch and I couldn't be happier.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

About Me

My Photo
BabbleOnMom
Breastfeeding, babywearing, clothdiapering enthusiast. Single 30-something mom to a 4 year old goddess and a little prince born in June 2010. Just enjoying life with kids, rolling with the punches and sharing my lessons along the way.
View my complete profile

Subscribe via email

Enter your email address:

Delivered by FeedBurner

Followers

Get the badge

Babble On Mom